Audio Research DS 450 amp......thoughts

....that's what I'm looking for, thoughts on this class D amp from this tube giant. Some people like like it.....what do YOU think if you have heard it
garebear
I'm using a Ds225 on Magnepan 1.7s and soon on 3.7s. I find that the amp is very transparent and really reacts to any upgrade connected to it. I've grown to like the amp after selling my ARC SD135. Its taken some time to understand this amp, It has many qualities, but get the best fuse, power cord, cables and front end you can afford as the DS series amps are VERY unforgiving and will fault towards bright / grainy with less refined stuff surrounding it, but as it's said, "Don't shoot the messenger".
I'll be interested in your thoughts on the 3.7 paired w/ the DS225. I currently run a VT200MkI w/ a Ref3 on the 3.7s. I have considered purchasing a DS450 but have been uncertain about trading my tubes for a class D amp.
Djcxxx.
Keep your VT200.
That amplifier throw one of the greatest stereo soundstages in the business.
I tried some class D amps incl. ARC 150.2 and 300.2 (still own it), but I never got satisifed with the timing and timbre of the upper registers.
The technology simply can't compete with traditional amplifers.
My 300.2 is a great amplifier for driving the servobass of my Infinity Epsilons however.
For higher registers ?
No thanks...
Replacing one of the greatest as VT200 are?
No, not a chance IMHO.

PS. Using VT-150SE for the planar drivers of my Infinity Epsilons where the do a fantastic job.
Also, I've heard said it's the first time an arc amp gives the maggies deep bass