Has anybody heard the new Audio Research LS 27?

The new LS 27 is coming to the dealers now. Called the Audio Research and they said the new LS 27 sounds better than the Ref 3 and very close to Ref 5. That is the reason why the listing price of the LS 27 is changed to around $7,000 so that it won’t affect the sales of the Ref 5 too much.

Have you heard the LS 27 and how do you like it?
yxlei
An example of a company staying in business by meeting a pre-existing market demand - airlines. Say I want to go to Europe from the U.S., several airline companies are there to meet my need. Essentially airlines replaced cruise ships and at some point in the future some new travel innovation could replace airlines, but until that new method of travel arrives airline company can offer the same old same old.

Knghifi, if I read you correctly you actually agree with some of our description of ARC's business model. It's just that you see in purely in a positive light.

Market differentiation is an interesting phenomena. How does a company draw attention to its products in a marketplace where everything is essentially the same. In the audiophile world we pay an enormous amount of attention to what are in fact very small differences. For instance, if a Ref 5 is a major improvement over a Ref 3, then how does a Ref 5 compare to an SP6? Given the large number of models the have come and gone between the SP6 and the Ref 5 we would need to invent a new word to describe the more than super, unbelievable, hard to imagine sonic improvements of the newer model. But even ARC admits that with a few upgraded parts the SP6 can sound substantially like their current preamp offerings. If that's the case, then the difference between the Ref 3 and the Ref 5 really is very, very small. Whether or not that very, very small difference is worthwhile or valued is a separate question.
High end audio is largely about people pursuing diminishing returns with ever increasing expenditures. ARC 's business model is among the least cynical in this regard when you consider that one can purchase a set of speaker cables that well exceed the cost of a Ref 5, only to have them replaced shortly by another "sonically superior" version costing even more.
It is a hobby after all and one is free to not pay and not play.
Lets all keep in mind that we are talking about a company that is highly respected for both its products and customer relations.We're throwing stones at the top of the heap.
If you want to criticize a company for poor business practices,I think ARC is the last place we should start.
Tubegroover, your right ARC resale is among the best in the industry,I just think that some people must be feeling cheated because ARC keeps improving their product line.
To me that criticism makes no sense.
Again, this is utter hogwash..

"But even ARC admits that with a few upgraded parts the SP6 can sound substantially like their current preamp offerings. If that's the case, then the difference between the Ref 3 and the Ref 5 really is very, very small. Whether or not that very, very small difference is worthwhile or valued is a separate question"

If you've heard both the pieces in a system, you would not be making such assertions. Agreed, sometimes with this hobby it can involve diminishing returns, but not in this case. To the OP, the LS 27 settles nicely between the REF3 and the REF5. Do go listen to it if you can. I'm not sure what you've been using or comparison shopping for, but in the $7k range it's a winner.