Best tube pre-amps under $1,000

Looking for warm, open soundstage, with good bass control
I have B&K ST202 amp with Alon II speakers, Jolida 100 cd player.

my current pre is B&K Pro 10MC

I have recieved recomendations for VTL 2.5, Prima Luna prologue 3, juicy music peach, TAD 150.

help.......
dvdgreco
I made the plunge a few months back on a TAD150 that cam up on the gon. After only a short listening session, I decided to purchase different tubes in an effort to achieve silky mids and larger soundstage. I 've tried sylvania 12at7 WA JHS (unmatched set) and recently purchased a matched pair of NOS Mazda 12at7 from Brent Jesse. The mazda's only have 15hrs on them- so I am hoping they change after full burn-in????

I am beginning to think the only way to achieve the silky mids & 3-d soundstage maybe with a pre with tube rectification such as Mapletree or juicy peach(bluberry). I''ve heard good things about belles 21A with aurua cap upgrade???
I would get a new Mapletree Audio linestage or full funtion preamp at this price point and even if I could afford considerably higher. Not audio jewelry (thick aluminium or steel face plates, etc) but well thouhght innards and curcuit design and tube rectification in a second chassis - VERY hard to beat at the price and well beyond.
I just put in a pair of NOS Mullards from Brent J. and WOW, these present the music in a way I have been looking for. silky mids, 3-d, bass, LP like from the cdp.

I even tried a mini comparsion between my Herron VTSP 1A, the differences between the two are difficult to find.. The source material is the key as well

NOS tubes from Brent J. can make a big difference. He's the only guy I get NOS tubes from. Years of dealing with him as verified his knowledge of tubes.