Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Hey, bwhite an the rest who have one how are they sounding over the longer haul?

Twl is right: if Mick doesn't build each one with his pathological need to give you the best he can create, then you won't get what we are talikng about. I know its frustrating though.

Still loving mine. Not a burp or hickup. Its a rock, a beautiful one. Hope you all think so to when you get yours.

mark
Hi guys,

I have had my Syrah for 4 months now and it is amazing! I no longer think so much about how the various pieces of equipment sounds. I just enjoy the music. This is the most "musical" piece of equipment that I have ever bought. I am still using the stock tubes except for the 6sn7's. I bought a pair of Tung-Sol round plate 6sn7's. Big improvement! I just bought a pair of Tung-Sol 5881's, but have not recieved them yet.

I understand that Fiddler is about to get his preamp. This should give the rest of you hope tht they are truly coming.
You can't rush Mick, but you will be rewarded in the end.
I essentially refrained from emailing Mick for the last 3.5 months since I was getting my updates from this thread alone. I finally broke down and inquired last week. In response Mick said it would take a "while" longer. However, he did attach a couple of "goo goo ga ga" reponses from a couple of new owners just to console me. I wanted to ask him "how much longer" but I held back because I just didn't want to get a heart attack - kidding! I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait but I also just wanna get done with the system for a while...hah! hah!

Cheers to Fiddler...
A late thank you to Bwhite for sharing with us some time ago how the Syrah is set up and especially how to iron out the microphonic probem of vintage 6SN7s or indeed other vintage tubes.
Now I will like to know whether anyone has experimented with different cords between the power supply and main unit, I remember the improvement of upgrading the cord with ARC pres. So there may be room for improvement in this area.
It will also be helpful if users can tell us how long the initial break-in period and anything that we should pay particular attention during this break-in.
Many thanks in advance.
WS
Gentlemen, my Supratek Chardonay arrive a few days ago. It's only been few days and I'm really trying my best not to listen to it,oh hell I finally broke down last night and did some serious listening.
I can sum up my experience from last night in two words "goosebumps time". Those who are still waiting, hang in there guys the reward is way much more than you can imagine.
I posted a picture of it, click here if you're interested in what it looks like. Happy Listening to Everybody. And thanks to all the guys who helped me decide on buying this preamp. More on how it sounds like next time.