Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
BWhite e-mailed me a couple of weeks ago and said that he and some friends compared his Supratek to a $15,000 Conrad Johnson ART preamp. He said that they all agreed that the Supratek bested the CJ in every way, and I believe it. Yes it does sound as good as it looks! No kangaroo pouch, but the base is made of Australian Jarrah wood.
Slowhand;
That last post will cause half of the Art owners to jump out the windows of their basement.Conrad Johnson will be asking for federal aid.If this were the 70's I'd expect to see Bill in the cheese-line. What is becoming of made/and overpriced in America?
I've been looking for a top notch preamp for the past few months. I guess I'll have to add the Syrah to my short list which includes the Placette active, AIM3a, Hovland and Ayre 3x. Anyone have any opinions on these and how the Syrah compares. Thanks.