Counterpoint SA 220

I recently purchased a Counterpoint SA 220. It's in very good condition and sounds great... just as I remember my SA 12 sounding.... BUT, I can't get rid of the hum. You think I should replace the tubes? Has anyone had in luck getting these to quiet down?
128x128gbryant
Before taking a recommendation to replace caps try dropping the ground if you have not done so. You can also try your new amp in another system to see if it hums there too. Sometimes it doesn't take much and a sysytem hum can be hard to find.
So far, I have had the best results plugging the SA 220 in with ground and the preamp with the ground lifted.
Do any other components in your system have a ground? If so, try floating the ground on all components exept the preamp.
Does the amp hm without any other component pluged into it? You may have to try the amp in anoter system to see if that if it still has a hum. In my experience the hum is either a grounding issue or a cap that is going bad. Remembr that the caps are 20+ years old. If you live in the New Jersey area I know a good tech.

Happy Listening.

BTW the mods take the amp to a different level and you can do them yourself.
I rolled the 6dj8 tubes... that helped. I grounded the CD player, lifted the preamp ground and grounded the SA 220... very little hum now.