System pairing

I currently have a very mid-fi at best system IMO. I was looking to do a new set up in the spring time and summer after I save up the funds to do so.

I'm just looking for suggestions on the compoents if people feel this would work, or something else I should try in a compoents place.

Turn table-VPI classic with dynavector 20 x cartridge.

BAT VK-31

Cary 306 professional CDP

Pass Labs X250 or X350

cables would be MIT shotgun series.

speakers I will be using Carver Amazing Silvers
bighead63
If you like that 'style' of speaker, and Ribbons, I'd suggest a test listen to some 3-series Magnepan.
And with the Maggies, while the Pass works very well, you may like the Bryston 4bsst2, brand new-latest.
I am told that Magnepan uses Bryston as there 'demo' amp at shows.

To the 'list' I'd add a dedicated power line.....or 2, to the new serious system. And while you're at it, save a few Sheckels for room treatments. Even the BEST system would sound crumby in a bad space. Yes, even your Carvers....or Maggies.
Thanks for the suggestion with Maggies. I've heard a few pairs of Maggies and really enjoyed their sound so I will have to look into that model!

and ah room treatments, everything in a set up matters is what I believe, so room treatments will be a must.

Do you guys think though that a pairing of BAT and Pass will mesh well? I've only heard one set up to this day with that pairing but didn't have a lot of time with it to give it a true critical listen.
I'd re-think the Pass/BAT combo. Two different animals IMO. Sure the will play together, but they both are going in a different direction scenically. What about a phono stage?