Digital Amps vs Solid State Amps

Has any one compared a fully broken in, quality digital (class D) amp to a solid state (class A) amp. We have a Levinson 333.5. Other than light weight, less electrical draw, and cooler operation, will Class D amps out-perform Amps similar to to the 333.5? We are driving Thiel 3.6's.

Frequency extension, depth, holographics, bass control, treble control, slam, dynamics, staging, detail, mids, etc are it.
levchappy
Aljordan, Can you tell me what bridge caps are in your H2O? I installed Soncap Platinum, and the result is perfect in my system.
Alan,

You may correct in a sense. I would not charactarize the Pass XA.5 bass as punchy or fast. Rather, it conveys a sense of weight and acoustic space, and does not draw attention to itself. It is very natural and realistic, as you say, for classical music. Whether the cello in a quartet, the left hand in a piano concerto, or the double bass section of an orchestra, everything is cohesive.
Hi Vince,

I don't know what is installed. I am currently using the pair Henry had been using in his system for the last year. He said they are the latest of whatever he stuffs into them. They sound very good.

Alan
Alan, There are just eight allen screws holding that top down. I know he put V caps in some of them, while others just have one Theta. I can tell you, I have had all three versions here, and the Sonicap Platinum is by far the best. It assists the highs in a natural way. All frequencies are even handed. The Theta sounds bland. The V cap is too aggressive.

On wires, Henry is using my SCs, and loves the hell out of them.