Tripoint Spartan

For the past two months, I have written very little about the Spartan Power Conditioner. Truth be told, I really didn’t have much to write about. The Spartan came with the highest expectations, along with the loftiest adjectives. Alas, it seemed not to be. Until one day…

On 7/24/2010, exactly 59 days from delivery, I sat in astonishment. Strange, because the whole system literally transformed in a single day. It’s as if someone took the lid off my stereo. What I hear is gorgeous, sparkling, clear, unrestricted, and delicate music. I hang on to every note, as it takes over my respiration, heart rate, and my eyes begin to weep. Even the pauses sound beautiful. The stage has been transformed into a hall, with notes rising and collapsing into natural space. Music is open and extended, with detail, sweetness, shimmer, and sheen. I can feel the music vibrate my body. From top to bottom, the music is absolutely cohesive, infused with energy and freshness. There is now a direct connection with my emotions.

I hear no negative effects or trade-offs. It does not simply lower the noise floor, but redefines the whole experience. Every audio component is performing better, and there is a purity and refinement. I do not hear a stereo, but I do hear the music. The presentation is absolutely uncanny. Nothing seems out of place, although the beauty is somewhat surreal.

Miguel’s obsessiveness has paid-off, and he has created two of the most unique, special, innovative audio components. Was it worth it? Depends if you want to take an excellent system to a new level by adding the elusive ingredient of magic. This was not an easy piece to afford, and it took a great leap of faith. I look forward to the next few months of listening to music anew, and I wonder if things will get even better. At this point, as I find difficulty getting out of my seat while enraptured by music, I would do it all again.
rtn1
That certainly must have taxed your patience. I'm happy that the unit has finally revealed its potential.

(Nothing similar, but the Sony SCD-XA5400ES I bought exhibited an equally long break-in)

Regards,
I wonder if it was the piece that did it.Sometimes a word or a dream or another person or.........,ah well,what a feeling,cheers,B
very kool. True breakthrough moments like this are rare in audio. Congrats....
I have the Tripoint Troy and my first impression was wow! Each component that I added to the Troy made the listining experience more and more thrilling.Finally with all the pieces in my system connected I sat bewildered!I too took a leap of faith.For the next 30 days it got even better. Then after about 3 months I went to the trouble of finding better grounding points.This was another pleasent surprise! The Spartan will be my next step to goose bump, giddy,hubba-hubba sound!Some words that come to mind are....lucious,pristine,spectacular,unforced,organic,mirage,summit,magical...you get the idea.
Again, what a pleasant surprise to have a piece of "conditioning technology" that many philes view as an after-thought completely transform a system. It is amazing to me how little we know about this hobby. Someone claimed in another thread that the Tripoint boxes uses Jensen 4 pole capacitors. From my conversations with Miguel, this is patently false.