bi amp imrpoving?

what the biamping will improve in general vs only one power amp??
128x128thenis
Thank you, and sorry for railroading this thread.
Hello Simon,
For an amplifier with two outputs on each side (such as the Spectron), is there a theoretical or actual advantage to using one output for the low frequency drivers and the other output for the high frequency drivers?
"Hello Simon,
For an amplifier with two outputs on each side (such as the Spectron), is there a theoretical or actual advantage to using one output for the low frequency drivers and the other output for the high frequency drivers?"

I'm not Simon, but there's no way the answer to your question would be yes. That's just bi-wiring, and if you are using a single cable of sufficient gauge there's no advantage to bi-wiring. (Apologies to those that believe otherwise.)
I tend to agree with Irvrobinson ...again but I would not be that categorical.

From my experience with developmet of latest Spectron and Elrod manufactured Remote Sense cables: there was no audible advantage of bi-wiring versus single wire and jumber (from hifreq -to low freq drivers) made of the same wire as the cable. May be in some circumstances it will be different but I suspect it will be rare

Simon
My tests with double runs of cable vs. various types of jumpers lead me to agree that one of the main (but often glossed-over) benefits of biwiring lies simply in the elimination of jumpers which are inferior to the cable being used. (FWIW, I never used to biwire before I started experimenting with biamping, and wouldn't call myself an advocate of it.) Another variable when single-wiring with jumpers can be which set of binding posts to connect to the amp -- right now I own two sets of speakers whose manufacturers recommend the opposite connections to the amplifier, one to the woofer binding posts and one to the tweeter, and my findings have confirmed that both are right for their own speakers and wrong for the other.

BTW, though I've never used or even heard a Spectron, my own amplifiers (both mooblock and stereo) do happen to be of fully-balanced/bridged topology (and are fed via balanced connections from a fully balanced preamp and DAC). These amps are always in this mode regardless of whether I'm biamping or single-amping, and I still find benefits in biamping.
More to discover