BAT VK-600 vs Pass XA100.5

Wondering how someone would contrast the qualities of these two amplifiers.
madfloyd
Tvad- have you heard the VK600 to compare top ends?

impedance mismatch i thought would only be an issue on the bass, not on the top end.
Post removed 
Tvad, when I compare these two amps, input inpedance had nothing to do with it.

My main SS preamp is an H20 Fire, which has no problem driving the Pass.

My other SS preamp is a Parasound JC-2. I've used many other preamps with the Pass as well, including the Pass XP-20.

When I say 'rolled-off', I mean in comparison to other amps, i.e. the Pass is slightly darker sounding than my Bat, or other amps that I've owned (Theta Citadel 1.5 comes to mind). This is with solid state preamps, NOT tubes.

Yes, I tried a couple tube amps that were not good matches with the Pass (Ref 3, Audio Valve Eklipse), but that hardly means EVERY preamplifier I've tried has been a mismatch.

No amp does everything well. Pass amps are biased towards great midrange and in my humble opinion, aren't the last word in bass control.
Post removed 
Well, I'm just saying what my ears are telling me, in my system, my room etc (although at least two other audiophiles agree that the Pass is warmer than the Bat in my system and that the Bat has better bass).

From what I read, Class A sound is warmer. For example, see keithr's post in this thread:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?aamps&1278694266&&&/Amps-in-the-same-class-as-Pass-XA-5-seri

Those on the hunt can buy mine which are for sale here on Audiogon. :-)