Aesthetix Calypso Signature vs. ARC REF 3

I am curious if anyone has made a comparision between these two pre-amps. How would you describe the differences?
Sonic as well as build quality, maybe last pre-amp I buy.
128x128theo
I was not impressed with build quality on calypso. Seemed a bit flimsy to me. Have not ever used any ar equipment but believe it is higher grade.
Swanny... I may be biased as a long time Calypso owner, but, I've owned a lot of gear over the last decade, and I've found the Calypso to have exceptional build quality. It's a rock solid piece, and with the right tubes, it sounds great.
I agree w/Swanny76109..Didnt like the build quality..and its too cameleon like changing its sound from tube to tube..I prefer a pre that doesnt wave in the wind with different tubes
Take a look at the build quality of a Pass XP10 which is my current preamp. It is solid state, I admit. But there is no comparison to Aesthetix--Pass is light years beyond and is a company that has been around for a long time. The OP is looking for "the last preamp I buy" and I would not put the Aesthetix in that class based on my experience with it--hence my cautionary note. Not to dismiss the many positive reviews and fans out there who enjoy the Calypso and its sound quality. But like the OP I was looking for my last preamp ever (maybe!) and I think the Pass is it. To each his/her own, as always, and caveat emptor.