Praise for Spectron

i recently purchased a Spectron Musician 3 Mk 2 amp to replace my dearly loved atma-sphere rig and have been so impressed with the level of service that i thought i should post here for anyone that is considering a similar purchase. i haven't received the amp yet, so am not in a position to comment on the sonics, though i will report back in a few weeks with my impressions. simon at spectron has been extremely helpful, both on the phone and via email, always with an answer to the numerous enquiries I sent his way. he must work all the time, as seemingly regardless of day or time, emails are responded to quickly and thoroughly. he's a wealth of knowledge and all to willing to share his expertise.

i've no affiliation with the company whatsoever, just a very satisfied customer passing along my experience.
128x128srosenberg
after the wonderful support i've received so far, i'm not surprised to hear that others are also equally impressed with spectron.

i'm really looking forward to hearing the amp - thanks for the heads-up on the break-in, bostonbean.

the amp is basically stock, but i'm already thinking about VCaps or Bybees as a next step. from what i've read here on a'gon, both are worthwhile, but the bybees add a little more.
I have had my Spectron Musician III Mk2 with the Bybee filters and V-Caps a little over a month. I was looking for an amp to upgrade from a Bryston multi-channel. I wanted more power...must be in a small package and run cool...as it was going in a cabinet. My first intention was to get a SS amp to power my bass module and later add tubes up top. I ran across Spectron and saw they were selling direct...now they fit in my budget. After getting one and reading about mono's...the tubes are now out and I am saving for another Spectron. I knew this amp was more powerful than the Bryston...I did not expect what I heard immediately. A wider deeper sound stage...tons of detail even at low volumes. Not at all any sharpness..even when pushed. I just added a Joule Electra La150se tubed pre...what a match these two are to my VSA vr4-jr's.
The people there are very customer support oriented. I need once small repair and it was done "overnight!!!"

Also, the quality of equipment is superb. I still cannot undertsand why it is not praised as most expensive and best audio equipment we have on the market. I wish once to compare them tyo $50k Mark Levinson flagship, No 53..

I believe it is because Spectron is "digital" amp as all of us know "digital = bright" and other bulls...t

Their cables(both speaker cables and power cords) are also suberb, simply superb and cost 2-3 times less then similar in performance from traditional cables companies.

Matched with Joule-Electra preamp it is "audio heaven"

Mike
I don't believe all those dealers that got dicked by Spectron when the company decided to sell direct to the public at a more favourable price point would have any praise for Spectron.