Shindo Monbrison balance issue?

hi

anyone experienced this with their Monbrison (or other Shindo preamps)?

When playing at low volume, the sound is biased towards one side but once the volume is turned up, the level seems to balance itself...... i discovered this when I was burning in my set at low volume and when vocals are played - the voice will "shift" from one side to center as the volume is increased!

I have swapped the interconnects (left -right) going into and then out of the Monbrison to check if source or power amp could be the problem but the results seem to confirm that it is the Monbrison.

Another issue that I encountered accidentally was when playing cd and switching the input selector to other inputs, I can hear the music albeit at very low levels throught the speakers!! is this normal?

aside from these two worrying discoveries, the Monbrison sounds great!

thanking you in advance for your feedback.

best regards
fudgeo
I have both the exact same experiences with my Vosne Romanee. The owners manual suggests you set the volume levels on your amp at the preamps 8:00 volume position. I don't have a shindo amp and there is no volume setting on my amp. But I don't listen at that low a volume setting so it's a non issue for me but I did inquire about it just like you. I do get very, very low volume cross talk from my tuner only I think. I belive it's just a characteristic of it's simple but extremely well executed circuitry. Again a non issue for me. I've shopped, owned and listened to a lot of preamps over the years. I wasn't looking for one when I first heard a Shindo. I've yet to hear anything better. My VR is a keeper for life unless I could ever afford to move up the Shindo preamp lineup.
thanks Jhardy for your feedback.

it's bothers me a bit as I do play at that low level occasionally when i leave it on for background music....

yes, I did set the vol dial at 8 o'clock and adjusted my amp's vol level to my normal listening level. did notice that the Monbrison's vol dial is quite sensitive and i hardly play above 9 o'clock but thats not an issue for me :)

anyone else with similar experience? thanks.
I had a Monbrison paired with several differnet amps and never had your described problem.

Did you buy your Monbrison new or used and from an individual or dealer? Someday I would like to get another Shindo pre but am concerned about how to go about getting a non-dealer unit serviced or retubed.