Just got Audible Illusions L1, but it sound harsh

I just got a Audible Illusions L1 preamp to replace my Rotel RC 1070. I can hear it is much more detail, it sounds more forward and bigger sound stage. But I also found it too harsh. Especially in vocal, the "s" sound is very loud and quite alloying. I don't have it in my RC 1070, but at the same time, it doesn't sound as musical. It is just like sing behind a curtain. I don't hear that detail, but also, those annoying "s" sound is "filter" out. Is it a characteristic of this preamp? Is there any thing I can do? I am using a Rotel RB 1080 amp. Should I try another preamp? Or try another amp?
gte357s
Agreed, if you just got it you should replace the tubes so that you can keep track of the hours you put on them.
I just got a Audible Illusions L1 preamp to replace my Rotel RC 1070. Gte357s (Threads | Answers)
Have you given time to allow the unit and associated cables, all which had to be moved around, to settle in? It could be that with 24 hour a day play for a few days that the preamp and cables will settle in and the harshness could mellow out. How long has the preamp been up and running in your system untouched? If that isn't it, maybe a tube change is necessary, or maybe the L1 could be a poor match in your system.
The pre-amp has been running for an hour. I am not sure if I use the right term. Maybe that's what people called CD glare? I am listening to a female singer pop song, where it is medium to high treble. I tried using the CD input of the L1 where there is a circuit to remove CD glare, and it is a bit improved. And I also tried connecting the L1 to Rotel through a RCA-XLR cable. In Rotel, the balance input gone through an opt-amp, and the glare is removed, but then it sounds very Rotel, sounds very similar using the Rotel 1070 preamp. It seems I either have this glare, or some less musical, "filter-out" sound.
i think before you drive yourself crazy to take it step by step

in my opinion the first best step would be to replace the tubes. try something older and US made first . Ebay would be a decent, cheaper source
The pre-amp has been running for an hour
Gte357s (Threads | Answers)

1 hour is not enough time to start doing critical listening. Your preamp and cables need more time than that to settle in before you make judgements. Give it at least a couple days then if still necessary start thinking about tweaking things.