SUNFIRE vs COUNTERPOINT

Which preamplifier do you think sounds best? The Sunfire Classic Tube or the Counterpoint SA-5000A?
snoop65
Ok I'm back. I have listened to both preamps back to back for about a week, both preamps using pretty much the same tubes and I have to say I prefer the Sunfire. I love the SA-5000 but the Sunfire just gives me more. The sound stage is larger, it is cleaner, more detailed, the low end is lower, the highs alittle more extended. It seems to have more "air". Months after I originally got the SA-5000 I began to notice the tube coloration. Didn't really bother me the preamps sounds great but I knew it was there. I haven't really noticed this with the Sunfire. The Sunfire really makes me go "WOW"! The sound is HUGE!!! I almost feel like I stole something now!!!
I remember sitting for hours listening to the 5000. Was that 1992 or there abouts? Anyhow, of all the many preamps I have listened to, that one stills sticks out in my mind. I have never heard the Sunfire, so I can't comment. Didn't they also have a 3000 series preamp? I was fond of Counterpoint, both of their amps and preamps.

Curious to find out which one you end up with.
Enjoy.
I chose the Sunfire. Don't get me wrong the SA-5000 is a great preamp I could easily carry on with it but people kept telling me about the Sunfire so I tried it out. The original tubes the Sunfire had didn't do it justice (Sovteks & Silver eagles) but once I replaced them it really came to life. Now that I think of it my SA-5000 had Sovteks and a 12ax7 made by who knows and when I retubed it the sound was much better.