McCormack DNA 500 vs DNA 225 upgraded

I am looking for some feedback on comparing the stock DNA500 to a DNA225 upgraded by Steve McCormack. There were a few posts that only touched that subject. I am thinking about adding one of those amps to my system and relegating the HT5 to the surrrounds and center.

The DNA500 has amazing reviews, as the DNA225 upgraded also does. Is there a benefit to either one? I notice at this point there are no upgrades available on the SMC site for the 500. I imagine the cost for either is similar.

Thanks again for any help. This forum has been outstanding for me to learn from.
still_learning
It was my understanding that all the mods that went
into the DNA 225 Mods are standard in the DNA 500. Given
the price difference between the two stock amps that's not
surprising. I would email Steve McCormack and
ask his advice.

I did own a DNA 500 for a while and thought it was a great amp. I doubt you could go wrong with either choices.

Chris
I have heard pretty much the same thing Cmach posts above from Steve McCormack. However, your question is pretty much answered in posts made by Steve in a thread titled;

"McCormack DNA500 and DNA2"

You might also want to check out a thread titled;

"McCormack DNA-225 Platinum Edition Upgrades Amplifier"

The used prices of DNA 500's right now are hard to beat. The DNA 500 is a very nice amp, although IMO not quite to the level presented in the IAR review. I would only go to a modded 225 if I was going to get the top platinum mod and have them converted to monoblocks. The first pair I have seen posted for sale here was only about a month or so ago.
One benefit of the DNA 225 over the DNA 500 is the input impedance. I owned the 500 and the 10k ohm input impedance limits your choices of tube preamps that won't result in an impedance mismatch (rolled off bass and highs). The DNA 225's input impedance is 100k ohms so it matches with a wider variety of tube preamps (output impedances). I've learned through experience and through the benefit of experienced members here.