Why monoblocks?

Why run monoblocks? Most amps can handle most speakers, especially those that are 88DB and above in sensitivity. I see pictures of all these speakers being driven in monblock configuration. If the stereo amp can do the job, why spend money on two amps? I mean, what are the benefits?
128x128kclone
just something to add to the list, but I found diagnosing issues, ie pops, noise, a lot easier when using monoblocks
Post removed 
Now digital versus analog, that is a REAL difference that anyone can hear with no imagination or wishful thinking necessary.
It's more cost-effective to build 2 channels into one case and although the sonic benefits of monos may be limited, they're more versatile and typically built for more power and hence, usually an upgrade.
Onhwy61
There are tons of Dual mono Dacs, Preamps, & amps obviously.

However Dual mono does not mean they have to be in different chassis, just completely separate power supplies, transformers, and discrete components to each channel. I own a dual mono preamp right now, one chassis, and they are rarer however there are also several designs using separate chassis for dual mono in both Dacs and preamps, and your right they are mostly in the real nose bleed components like Gryphon audio. Some of these designs have up to 4 Chassis!

So your talking ultra hi end, yes almost every ultra hi end is dual mono designs for sure, as a matter of fact I can't think of any that are not... We are not talking Levinson, Conrad, Mcintosh, BAT, Audio research or even Krell... We are talking like Dartzeel, Gryphon, FM Acoustics, Boulder etc... All in dual mono, and even every one of them I think have versions with up to 4 chassis just for one 2 channel preamp.

But Levinson, Conrad, BAT, Audio research do in fact make many dual mono amps in one chassis and dual mono preamps, and DAC's as well.

Is it better? I don't agree its always better, but on a top of the line basis they are considered the top tier.

As for amps I agree Monos are far easier to deal with in moving them, and even sometimes hookups, minus having to purchase or build an extra power cable.

Sonically you can for sure achieve lower distortion running dual transformers in one chassis or separate especially if they are on separate dedicated unlimited current outlets. Many Single chassis mono blocks have dual power cords on one unit as well... So you guys might be shocked how many there actually are out there.

And a final note, especially if your running pure Class A amplification, "OR TUBE" amplification for sure Mono two separate chassis can in fact add DOUBLE to Triple the Heatsinking and bring temps down to near room temp vs. running very hot in one and lossing some further efficiency. Thats just the facts in nature, putting it all in one box no matter what you will not cool as well as in 2 in this case, or liquid cool them could be the other way :-)