Why monoblocks?

Why run monoblocks? Most amps can handle most speakers, especially those that are 88DB and above in sensitivity. I see pictures of all these speakers being driven in monblock configuration. If the stereo amp can do the job, why spend money on two amps? I mean, what are the benefits?
128x128kclone
My main reason for monoblocks ($4000 each) is to improve midrange and bottom end from a small speaker. Single MC275 amp was used as my formative evaluation of speakers. But the audio dealer later inserted monoblocks (tubes of course) and the system presented a different flavor of dynamics and soundstage which I preferred over single stereo amp. And those mono amps were 22 watts.

In addition, if you notice in "My Office" I also use shorter ICs and speaker cable which help reduce the cost significantly.
In larger room and capable speakers, monoblocs will get you closer to "lifelike" concert level yet each can be carried by 2 people rather than a forklift.
My belief is that well designed stereo amps will sound every bit as good as monoblocks, but short ICs is a real benefit, but low capacitance cables will amount to much the same benefit even if a bit longer. I simply would not buy an amp on the basis of whether or not it is monoblock or not, there are far more important aspects to the quality of amps then the issue of mono or stereo configuration, undoubtedly, some of the finest amps ever made are not monoblocks.
You guys hurt my feelings. I'm selling my monoblocs and getting a stereo amp so that I can fit in with everyone else.
First of all you get more power supply with mono amplifiers and there is a huge advantage to the left and right channels having separate power supplies.

Sonically there is a noticable improvement in separation and the soundstage is much larger with mono amplifiers. The same is true with mono or dual mono preamps.

I have achieved some of my best sounds with mono amplifiers with long interconnects and short speaker cables.

I really don't care how it looks.