LUXMAN 505u?

im looking to pickup a Luxman 505u integrated. any experiences, feedback and speaker recommendations would be helpful.
maurager
I have a 505u and play mostly vinyl. Great phono stage and plenty of power - I rarely have the knob much past 9 o'clock. I use Monitor Audio RS8 speakers. I love this amp. Sounds wonderful. I didn't have the chance to compare it head-to-head with teh 507u, but that's almost 2x the cost, so I was doubtful if it was worth it. Highly recommend the 505u.
Nolitan, it seems to have MUCH more power than the specs designate. I, too, rarely have the volume past 9:00. Never been to 12 and I've had some rockin' sessions! I hope you get to hear one soon!
Nolitan, I had both the 505u and the 507u. The 507u is still with me. The amplifiers are very similar in sound. Very relaxed, powerful and with super controlled deep bass.

I have compared them with an accuphase e408, which has 180 Wpc. But even the 505u sounds so incredible much more powerful then the 408. The 505u really has grip on the speakers. I still enjoy my 507u everyday
Hi Paul,

Would you be kind enough to advice whether the extra $ difference between the 505u and 507u is worth it ?
I know the wattage differs by 10watts but i'm almost sure there is something else that differs in the two in terms of sound quality ?
My guess, the 507u is more refine than the 505u.
I'm familiar with accuphase and LFDs having tried them numerous times.
I look forward to auditioning the Luxman soon.

thanks...