LUXMAN 505u?

im looking to pickup a Luxman 505u integrated. any experiences, feedback and speaker recommendations would be helpful.
maurager
Hi Mdnocum. I'll try my best to put this into words . . .
Impact on Speakers:
I didn't realize how fast my Vandersteens could be until I got the L505u. The front edges of notes spring into the room, and everything seems more lively. Also, the resolution is much better across the sound spectrum. I didn't realize the Vandies could be so detailed in bass, mid, and highs. Never harsh, mind you, only an abundance of the correct musical details.

Impact on Sources:
The analogue front end is least changed. I just notice a more well defined soundstage and better detail. As I stated in another thread, the texture of strings and body of stringed instruments is wonderful.

The digital, which is an inexpensive Oppo, is a mixed bag with the Luxman. Initially, the amplifier revealed the shortcomings of the Oppo to me: some blurred imaging, undefined bass, and difficulty with complex music. While I still believe this to be true, I've also had some very enjoyable listening experiences with small combo jazz and acoustic music. I can certainly see that a better CD player will bring great returns in digital playback. That's probably going to be my next upgrade.

I hope this helps. It's hard to describe these things. I know that I'm enjoying music for music's sake from this amplifier, and many nights I lose track of the time while the disks spin and the meters dance!
Rosedanny--Thank you very much for your insight on this amplifier. Now, I just need to go out an audition the Luxman L-505U and hear for myself. I did listen to the Luxman L-507U briefly (It sounded wonderful!!) as the dealer did not have the L-505U but since this amp cost almost twice the price of the L-505U, I am not sure if the sonic character of these amps would be that similar. Thanks again!
How does the Luxman L-505u integrated amp (or the L-507u) sound compared to the Luxman L-550A II integrated? Maybe the real question is how does the Class AB amp compare to the Class A amp? It is my understanding that both Luxman amplifiers are not dual mono design yet have XLR inputs. Is this a concern? My friend recently purchased a Luxman L-550A II Integrated for his Sonus Faber Auditor M speakers and wants me to look at Luxman (I own the Ayre AX-7e Integrated and like it very much). He is very happy with his Luxman Class A amp with these speakers.
I have yet to hear a Class A solid state amp that is fatiguing and tiring to listen to.
This includes the Class A's from Accuphase, Lamms, Pass Labs, and others.
I think the ancilliary wiring and cords would make a difference though.
Perhaps there is some sort of mismatch somewhere along the chain.
For those who owns the 505u, even though its a 100w amp, how is the power ? is it more powerful than what the specs suggest ?
I'm very curious about this amp & hope to audition them soon as well.