Ayre KX-R or Krell 202 with Martin Logans

Looking at adding 1 of these 2 preamps with my ML's. If anyone has any other suggestions please let me know. thanks
128x128topfinadv
This is an off the wall suggestion. I'm not a fan of many tube electronics but I auditioned an Asthetix Janus last week and I was left almost rethinking preamplifiers. My favorite feature was the ability to invert phase via a remote control. One of the most frustrating audio issues I find is an almost complete lack of concern by recording many engineers to have phase continuity. Another very nice feature is cartridge loading via remote. Again, another trick that can improve some LP playback.
If you want the new preamp to be part of your home theater system and integrate with your Meridian, you might want to consider a Conrad Johnson Premier 17LS which has a home theater bypass feature. I have used mine in a combined home theater/2-channel setup and it has been great.
CJ does make excellent tube gear. However, it is single ended which probably won't agree with your Krell amp as well as a fully differentially balanced preamp design.