Should I Try a Tube Preamp?

Presently I listen 80-90% to vinyl (using a modified Technics 1200) connected to a Parasound 2100 preamp, then Parasound 2250 amp in a small room (12' x 21') with older but decent standmount speakers (these to be upgraded in future).

Someone suggested that an upgrade to my system would be a good tube preamp to replace the 2100. I have no experience or knowledge of tube components so am wondering two things: 1) What benefit/improvement would I obtain from a tube versus solid state preamp (assuming I continue to use the solid state Parasound amp)? 2) Which good tube preamp would fit a budget under $1000?

Thanks, in advance, for any and all comments or suggestions.
kencalgary
Preamp is the heart of a system. Pick the speakers first. Match with the proper amp. Now it's time to bring the system to life with a great tube preamp. It (preamp) is the heart of any good system.

Bill
Post removed 
Kencalgary,

I know where you are coming from. I was there about a year ago. Start with the speakers, then if you want the tube sound I recommend a tube power amp.

I started with Monitor Audio RS6 speakers followed by Quicksilver Mid-mono monoblocks, driven by a Mackie D2 mixer as a pre-amp. Check my system for the full details.

Without a good set of speakers you will never fully benefit from a tube amp. But good speaker, will provide an immediate benefit and likely motivate you to upgrade your amp.

IMHO, upgrade from speakers and back to the source.