Nuforce V3 mod

Has anyone heard the Nuforce V3 mod done on their Reference V2SE? Please compare. Thanks
128x128gammajo
I have my ia7 v2 upgraded to v3.

Yes too, I have been experiencing a hugh roller coaster during the breaking in. I have never had any gears before that can fluctuate so much before they settle down. And you just could not believe how "bad" sounding the v3 is before reaching about 150 hours, even after this mark, the amp still starts to improve. The main area of complaints from me is the attentuated treble response which makes everything sound slow. I felt asleep a couple of times during audition which never happened to me with the v2.

I am not sure if it is merely a psychological illusion as a result upgrade syndrome or part of that placebo effect, or that the v3 break in is real.....

I burn it in continously over a week of 24 hours playing xlo burn-in track.
After 130 hours of burn-in, my amps sound fantastic. What a difference from their out-of-the-box performance, where my initial, gut-retching reaction was that I had blown a voice coil. I did not chart the course of the burn in, but am thrilled with the 9V3SE’s performance now. I moved from V1 to V3, so this is a little off the point of the thread: the 9V3SE’s midrange is liquid, and the top end smooth and grain free. I, however, am not crazy about the impedance change. If you have not taken advantage of this upgrade, do it at your earliest convenience.

Mark
Thanks Mark
I guess I will get in the queque for the upgrade at $800 not much to lose. would any of you say that the V3 is more organic and less clinical than V2?
Joe
To my ears, v2 is not clinical and it is close to prefection. I tend to think that in some mellow sounds set up v2 would work magic, and in other where the sound is already on the lean side V3 will be the right pill. I use open baffle employing vintage paper cone speakers and tweeters and v2 has that extra dynamics and speed that my drivers lack.

Having said that, I think the high frequency of the V3 is more silky and extended....but this is only after 150-200 hours of break in. Before this mark, i was actually thinking whether the tweeters were blown, no kidding, it was that bad.
I believe another thing that V3 has over V2 is more detail. Along with better imaging. The space between voice and instruments is present and gives those sounds better focus. Details and micro details are present which adds to very enjoyable music sessions. On very good vinyl recordings it amazes me just how wide and beyond my speakers the stage is with V3.
I believed V2 was very good but once you have V3 broken in you will most definitely hear why V3 takes a big step further into the music.