Next step: tube pre or tube power amp?

I own a Rotel pre/pro RSP-985 SS preamp and a matching Rotel 120 watt power amp. If I wanted to move into tubes, would I get better mileage out of a tube pre or tube power amp?

I love the convenience of the rotel preamp (remote, built in DACS etc) but I understand that a tube pre will have more impact than just a tube power amp. Is this correct?

Also, my speakers are 91db efficient. What wattage tube power amp would I need to drive them to medium/loud levels?

thanks

Steve
stevecuss
You can figure out your minimum power needs by remembering that you double the power for each 3db gain in loudness. So the 91db sensitivity at one watt needs 2 watts for 94, 4 for 97db and so fourth. This gives the MINIMUM required, which is not necessarily the ideal power but is a rough guide. I doubt if you would need 75 with your current speakers but if you intend to change it can't hurt to get a larger amp as long as it is of the same quality.
Post removed 
09-09-09: Stevecuss
I'd prefer a tube power amp for WAF and convenience - I can hide it behind some fake greenery in our AV cabinet...

Tube amps that I've owned throw out more heat than any Class A SS amp I've owned. So you may not be able to hide a tube amp in your A/V cabinet. Just something else to think about.....
Hi Jmcgrogan2,

thanks for that input and I'd considered heat. Our AV cabinet is open - a cutout in the wall of the house, essentially, so it has plenty of ventilation above and around it. I use a fake green planty thingy in front to cover the front of it. Who knows, maybe my wife will love the glow of tubes...
I would go for a tubed preamp first, although a tubed power amp would be a natural step forward in time.

There are good options in the used market from Melos (SHA1 sig), Audible Illusions or Counterpoint.