Has anyone bi-amped with a Cary SLP-05?

I have this rather weird problem I am hoping the collective wisdom of Audiogon will be able to help me sort out.

The SLP-05 preamp has a pair of RCA outputs, and a pair of XLR outputs. I recently tried bi-amping using both outputs, and the result is the SS power amp always fails to work, no matter what output it is connected to. Here are the configurations which I tried:

SLP05-> (RCA)-> Cary CAD2000-> speaker
(Full range). Result: success

SLP05-> (XLR)-> Cary CAD200-> speaker
(Full range). Result: success

SLP05-> (XLR)-> Cary CAD211AE-> mid/tweet
SLP05-> (RCA)-> Cary CAD200-> woofer
(Bi-amped). Result: CAD211AE works, CAD200 produces no sound from the woofer.

SLP05-> (RCA)-> Cary CAD211AE-> mid/tweet
SLP05-> (XLR)-> Cary CAD200-> woofer
(Bi-amped). Result: CAD211AE works, CAD200 produces no sound from woofer.

SLP05-> (XLR)-> Cary CAD200-> mid/tweet
SLP05-> (RCA)-> Cary CAD211AE-> woofer
(Bi-amped with valve amp on bottom). Result: Now here is the interesting thing. Put the SS amp on the mid/tweet and the valve amp on the woofer, and it works! I am succesfully bi-amping!

Now obviously this is not what I want, because I would rather have the SS amp on the woofer. I checked and rechecked the connections and there was no problem. I swapped RCA and XLR cables to my spares and there was no problem. I swapped speaker cables and there was no problem.

I even borrowed another two SS power amps and the result was the same - each time, the SS power amp refused to power the woofer in bi-amp configuration.

I am wondering whether there is something about the higher input impedance of the valve amp that makes the SLP-05 preferentially drive it.

This problem has me beat. I can't figure it out. Can anyone help?
amfibius
At a glance it looks like SLP05 to CAD200 via XLR is problematic when both amps are connected. Have you tried this combination?

SLP05-> (XLR)-> Cary CAD200-> woofer
SLP05-> (RCA)-> Cary CAD211AE-> mid/tweet
This is puzzling. I use both XLR and RCA outs from my SLP-05 simultaneously but for a different purpose - I use the XLR outs to full range hybrid power amp for my main speakers and the RCA outs to a SS AVR for rear surround speakers. This works fine. I would suggest you run it past Cary since you're running all-Cary electronics - they are likely to give you an accurate diagnosis.