For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Tonight we've been playing jazz:

Armstrong & Ellington: Recording Together for the First Time, Roulette SR52074 (Classic Records reissue)

Armstrong & Ellington: The Great Reunion, Roulette SR 52103 (Classic Records reissue)

Cannonball Adderley, with Bill Evans: Know What I Mean?, Riverside 9433 (45 rpm Analogue Productions reissue)

Coltrane: Ballads, Impulse AS 32 (Speakers Corner reissue)
Rushton, got both of those Arm&Ell recordings and they are truly energizing. Shows you just how good recording, equipment, technique, musicianship was. Makes one wonder what has happened since then. I guess one could also include Classic's dedication to restoration of music history.

Tonight it's Supertramp Paris. I found this original copy for $5.95 today at my favorite used store. Cleaned it up and it's a trip back 25 years. I'm convinced there was nothing wrong with tape and vinyl. It wasn't broke, so why did they "fix" it?
Stevecham, I agree with you about the Armstrong and Ellington LPs. The performances are wonderful: these musicians were clearly having fun in these recording sessions. And the sound quality is very good. Highly recommended.
Honeyboy Edwards, Shake 'Em On Down, Analogue Productions Original, APO 2010 (about as real as it gets!)

Saint-Saens, Symphony No. 3 (Organ Sym), Munch/BSO, RCA LSC 2341 (45 rpm Classic Records reissue)

Vaughan Williams: Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis, Fantasia on Greensleeves; Elgar, Intro & Allegro for Strings, Enigma Variations, Barbirolli/Sinfornia of London, EMI ASD 521 (Alto reissue)

Purcell, Music for Theater, Vol. 5, with Hogwood/AAM, Kirkby -sop, Nelson -sop, L'Oiseau Lyre