wyred4sound amps

I am interested in these amps, there are good reviews online but I was wondering what audiogon members thought of these amps. I have not had a chance to hear one yet. Also interested in the bel canto digital amps, thanks
kedoades
I now have the SE preamp as reviewed in 6 Moons. I agree with all that was written. Tom
I had the STI 1000 integrated amp and the build quality was nice. But, in the silver finish, aesthetically the Wyred 4 sound are some of the most industrial-looking, and spartan pieces you will ever see, (if appearance matters to you). I suppose the lack of fancy casework that we often see in the mid to high end is one of the ways they keep their unit prices down. The integrated sounded good from mids to highs with excellent detail, extension, and a very accurate sound, but lacked the weight in the midbass and low end that would be expected and is one of the hallmarks of Class D. I think for my system it was a poor match with my speakers more than anything else. 570 watts into 8 ohms should produce massive weight in the low end if your speakers are capable, and mine are, unless there is some kind of amp speaker matching issues. The low end was really not what I expected for Class D which is known for having pretty solid low end. I'm not putting down their products however. I think they are into quality and value at Wyred 4 Sound. If their amps match well with your speakers imho they are a great value in audio. It's always best to audition and learn for yourself how these amps will sound with your speakers. In the end, when I reconnected my Blue Circle solid state integrated, I thought it was a bit more open and spacious then this ice power integrated. The one thing to be aware of is if you try a home audition on one of their amps,they have a 15% re-stocking fee that hurts you in the pocket pretty good if you return it.
I am a Wyred SX500 owner (powering Gallo 3.1) and I agree with Audiofeil on this one.

For what they cost ($1,500 new) I have nothing to complain about. They sound dynamic, weighty and articulate in my setup. Smoother and tighter sounding then the Anthem SS amp I compared them too, and they have way more balls than the Cary tube amps that I started with on these speakers.

Would I prefer a top end Pass, Boulder or Simaudio amp? Hell yeah... but you can't get those for $1,500 new unfortunately
I have heard the best Pass Labs amps, and I can heartily disagree with AudioFeil once again. Granted, the new Pass Labs line is better than what they replaced. Compared to what I am listening to, Pass amps fail by a wide margin. They bloat the bass, shrink the mids, and blur the highs.