For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Kind of OT, but relevant to posters to this thread:
Took my daughter to the Princeton Garden movie theater today to see "March Of The Penguins" Great documentary on Emperor Penguins! After, we stopped in at the Princeton Record Exchange to pick up some vinyl. My god, what have they done? Every time I have been in there in the last couple of years, the vinyl has shrunk to make room for more CD's and DVD's.
Classical vinyl has been relegated to a few lonely bins (5) at the very back of the store. The jazz is still in the middle row but pickins' are slim boys and girls. The "new arrivals" jazz bins still have some goodies, but how far the mighty have fallen. The store has been taken over by CD's and DVD's. To add insult to injury, the clerks at the front counter consist of rude, clueless 18 year old women who are so pale, they look as though the haven't had exposure to sunlight since they were 10.
It looks as though the king of used vinyl in the Northeast is dead.
Joe- Sorry to hear of this. I feel your pain here. The last Atlanta record show I attended, there was an increasing number of vendors selling CD only at their tables. Its getting harder to find real bargains in the LP's too. Hang in there.
it's mono night, with: "music of india" on westminster gold series, gene ammons "jug" on prestige, and nat king cole "classics" three LP french box set on capitol.

yes, the vinyl treasure trove is shrinking daily. enjoy and preserve the LPs you have, and the "keepers" you may find in unlikely places.
this evening: selections from the beatles red vinyl mono EP set, will oldham "arise therefore," and robyn hitchcock "mossy liquor"

the CD player continues to gather dust these days.