Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
SlipknotI -- I really like "Songs my Mother Taught me" by Arturo Delmoni(1986). When I first found this copy used a few years back..I chuckeled to myself and thought...Okay, what the heck! $2.00 is no big loss.... I didn't know Id be playing it so often and how wondeful this guy plays. He was a child prodigy born in NYC and entered Julliard as a Naumberg Scholar as you probably know. What a delightful recording and Violin playing genius exhibited here, with this recording dedicated to his Mother and father.
Ken,
You are so right! when I first acquired this, the first few plays were good, but I wasn't sure what all the fuss was about. The more I listen, to his technique and the emotion he puts into a work, regardless of who he is playing with, the more this disc has grown on me.
If you enjoy Delmoni's playing, you may also enjoy his recording on Waterlily 05 performing works of Bach, Ysaye and Kreisler (wonderful sonics, too); his recording of the Franck and Faure Sonatas Violin and Piano on Northstar DS0015; and his collaboration with Nathaniel Rosen on "Glass Bead Game" (John Marks 15, CD only unfortunately).

And, if you like Delmoni's playing style, you may also enjoy the cello playing of Nathaniel Rosen (who partners with Delmoni on Glass Bead Game). A recording of Rosen's that is well worth looking for is "Oriental - Various Short Works for Cello" (NorthStar NS 0027).
Thanks Rush...Ill be looking for the Waterlily as well. Well... Joe..what else tonight but the aforementioned "Songs my Mother Taught Me"..and Acoustic Alchemy's "Natural Elements" on the MCA 42125. Webb and Carmicheal let loose with a mix of upbeat and somber melodies on this digital recording.
Wow..I came back to find no postings in almost a month?? Okay, Ill get this going again guys!

Tonight is a Steely Dan night... Katy Lied..orig MCA 1975
Aja..ABC 1977.... and Pretzel Logic MCA 1980.. Last is Diane Schuur's Collection on GRP.