EL34 differences in air & stage depth?

I've been searching the threads trying to learn about differences between different EL34 tube offerings. Most comments seem directed at tonal qualities. I'm curious if any have compared and found differences in "air" and stage depth. My system is posted. The H-1 appears to come with Shuguang EL34s. It does many things well but I'd like a little more openess in the presentation. Possibly this means more mid-range forwardness and/or greater high end extension. Thinking about "tube rolling" (KT77s as well as EL34s). Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your input.
128x128ghosthouse
Thanks, Bj...I can say for sure, votes for current production EL34 favor Winged SED heavily. I'm with you on $ expenditure for NOS. The Siemens are within reach but even here I'm a bit confused and seeing pricing that seems to vary from $225 - $300+ for a quad. Seems like Siemens mftd. for different brands as well. Plus I always think about needing spares or another quad in the future when maybe the supply picture has changed and availability is even worse than today. Good current production (if there is such a thing) appeals to the pragmatist in me.
To all who replied...Thanks for your input. For various reasons (not just cost)...I decided to go with SED Winged C EL34s. If these don't get the job done, I'll give further consideration to the Siemens NOS option. What I've leared that complicated that choice is the range of "Siemens" NOS tubes out there.

I found this link, enlightening:
http://www.tube-classics.de/TC/Tubes/AudioTubes.htm
Right now I´m listening to a Harma EL34 quad in my Leben 660P amp and they are fantastic and they are cheap. You can find them in Watford Valves from UK.

I second the Electro Harmonixes are very good too.

BTW, I´ve been trying other Harma tubes (KT-66, E34L, 5881) and they are great.

Greetings from Spain.

Daniel
Jesusa0

The Harma E34L appears to be a house brand of Watford Valves, likely a JJ Tesla E34L based on construction and shape. The price at Watford Valves is 14.77 pounds (about $23.50 each US Dollar).

For those of us in the USA this tube is available from dealers here for $17.50 or less. I'm not challenging your choice of tubes, just offering choices for Audiogon members in the USA.

I used Tesla E34L tubes in my Wolcott amps back when I owned them. It is indeed a great tube, better than many discussed here but in my opinion not as good as Wing C.

As I mentioned already, the best choice is used or new old stock Mullard, Siemens or Telefunken.

Ghosthouse, that site in Germany is the property of Karsten Schmidt. I've been dealing with him for many years. His tubes are exactly as represented and he stands behind his product.
Jesus - Thanks for your input...it may help others considering EL34 tube changes.

Albert - The Classic Tubes site helped me further appreciate the ways in which "not all NOS is created equal". After reviewing the info there, I felt more confident simply getting current production tubes. From your comments and those of many others, the Winged Cs seemed like the way to go for current production.

They arrived yesterday and I have about 20 hours on them (over and above Doug's burn in hours). They've made a big difference in my system. There is much more air and 3-dimensionality. Plenty of power and impact. Bass is deep, and well-defined. Couldn't be happier. Thanks to everyone for their advice.