Founder of Valve Amplification Co. VAC passes...

...Channing W. Hayes. My deepest condolences to his son Kevin and family. Here is a link to the VAC web site where Kevin gives a touching Memoriam to his beloved father:

http://www.vac-amps.com/cwh.htm

sherod
What a great memoriam, the guys from that era were tough, hard working and fiercely dedicated to quality. My dad was like that and in spite of all the years that have passed since his death, I think of him every day.

VAC is a wonderful product, Kevin had a great father and heritage of quality passed to him. My sincere condolences and wishes for Kevin and his family to have their hearts filled with love and fond memories to replace the pain that's there now.
That is sad news for sure - I wish I had the pleasure of knowing Mr. Hayes. My condolences to Kevin and Family.
That is a great tribute from a an adoring son and conlcusive evidence of why Kevin Hayes is one of the nicest, most genuine, and classiest people in auido.
I am obviously a VAC client, but have also been fortunate enough to have come to consider Kevin a friend over the years. I would second Albert's well-worded wishes for love and fond memories to fill the void the Hayes family is feeling with the passing of Chan. My personal experience knowing Kevin is exactly as Mainejac described with one subtle change, he is one of the nicest, most genuine, and classiest people I know period, not just in audio.

We'll hold the Hayes family in our thoughts and hearts as they mourn the passing of their father, husband, mentor and friend.