Jadis musical value?

If you've heard or owned Jadis amplifiers, I would like your opinion on their performance value. When I see equipment this jewel-like, I tend to question just how much of the manufacturing/design budget was apportioned to performance and how much to aesthetics. Also and more specifically, I have some interest in the Jadis integrateds that come up for resale on Audiogon. Are they recommendable based on their performance alone? Thank you.
phaelon
If you value the sound of music rather than aural thrills, they are indeed worth their price and then some.
Musically, the best. Be careful of the JOR, as biasing is a pain. Autobias is the way to go. The autobias integrated Jadis' are the best, most musical integrateds I have ever heard/owned.
a great tube product....in the league of the more known 'classics'..ARS, MAC, CJ, VAC...as for aesthetics...yes, we always pay for those (with any product).
I just have a Jadis pre, but it's, like... awesome, dude.
Seriously though, 'musical' seems to mean 'euphonic' these days, and I believe the Jadis pre, at least, is. However it makes beautiful music and I wouldn't want to give mine up without finding something more pleasing to me.
Thanks fellas. Currently, I have large cj mono-blocks and would just like to simplify my system. The vintage cj's are very musical but might be just a little too soft. My friend has a nice integrated Viva but I find SETs too restricting - it seems like I can freqently hear it straining as the music becomes more demanding, and it fails miserably on classical orchestra IMO. I'm using JM Lab Utopia Mini's with Siltech cabling and would like to try pairing them with the DA88S. Any thoughts? I can be persuaded to reconsider the Mini's.