For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Rush,
Your depth of Classical knowledge & the records to accompany it, never ceases to amaze me. If I ever build my Classical collection to 1% of yours, with your continuing excellent recommendations, it will be a proud collection. Schubert "Trout" is next in the "buy" queue.
Recent spinners:
Ryan Adams - Gold - maybe it's too produced, perhaps it's too obviuosly searching for airplay, but this record just wears well on me. Great simple songs, interesting lyrics,
stuff to get stuck in your head all day long. Besides the vinyl sounding better, you get extra songs not on the CD.
Television - Marquee Moon - A punky masterpiece that never received the audience it deserved, except from the critics. Plenty of new bands have learned from this LP.
Charles Mingus - Mingus, Mingus, Mingus, Mingus, Mingus -
(Import 180g)
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Brahms - Szell/Cleveland - Sym No.1 - Epic
Van Morrison - Moondance - 180g German pressing
Squeeze - Argybargy
Copeland - Bernstein/NYP - The Copland Album - Columbia
A recently found mono Everly Brothers is on deck...Cheers,
Spencer
Sbank, for a good Schubert Trout Quintet on LP, consider either:

• Clifford Curzon and Members of the Vienna Octet, Decca SXL 2110 (Speakers Corner reissue) (my preferred performance and recording); or
  • The Festival Quartet, RCA LSC 2147 (Classic Records reissue)
These were among some recordings I recommended recently on an "introduction to classical music" thread for someone looking for CDs. CD or LP, these are superb performances.

And, thanks for your comments; while I do listen to a lot of classical music, and I've collected quite a few recordings which I enjoy, I still defer to others on this forum who are more knowledgable about the music than I. And, as Texasdave points out to me regularly, I'm not familiar with many great recordings that are available only on CD.
Mozart "Symphony No. 32 in G major, Symphony No. 38 in D major" Maag/LSO (London Stereo Treasury Series STS 15087)

Coming up:??????????
hey Rob,hows all the new gear sounding?now that i have a record cleaning machine im going thru some albums ive had since i was 14 and see what i can salvage,,,,