Phono pre recommendations for Technics SL1210M5G

From any Technics TT owners (running a 1210M5G, myself) I'd like to know what phono-preamp you are using. Currently have a Lehman Black Cube. Thinking that upgrading my phono-pre might be good bang for the buck. Considering a tube-based phono-pre. Budget not final but might be up to $1200. Cartridge is a KAB modified Stanton (nuded cantilever). My system is posted. If you have other recommendations, please let me know. Thanks in advance.
128x128ghosthouse
Thanks Tvad and Edo -
Tvad, your favorable comments in a past post are the reason I picked up the Lehman. I bought one used here on A'gon and while it wasn't an SE it was certainly a step up from the NAD PP-1 I had. I'll definitely put a Heed Quasar on my short list.

You make a good point about flexibility...I should have noted that I'd like something able to handle both MM and MC (low output if possible)

Edo - I'll be very interested in your thoughts regarding how these 3 pre-amps (Gram, Project, Heed) sound to you.
Looking forward to a followup, if you will.

Thanks again to you both.
Post removed 
Msq - thanks for the input. I'll have to check out your components to identify the phono-pre you use - don't recognize the brands apart from Bozak.
Recently I DIYed a vacuum tube preamp using John Broskie's Tetra phono stage and his Aikido line stage. The tubes I'm using for the phono stage are Telefunken 12AX7 and Amperex 12AT7 (D-getter) while the line stage uses Amperex Bugle Boy 12AU7s. The gain, in this configuration, for the phono stage is 43dB which is OK for an MM cartridge. In addition to upgraded capacitors for the boards, I also used high quality internal wiring and other components so the price of the final product is a little higher than the base kit. I am VERY satisfied with its performance (and it was great learning experience building it). More recently I built a Bob Latino ST-120 vacuum tube kit amplifier which has taken the performance of my system even higher.

I use a Zupreme headshell and an Audio Technica 150MLX cartridge on my modified Technics SL1200MkII. I will soon be fitting a KAB Cardas-rewired arm assembly with Audio Sensibility interconnects.