Is Plinius 9200 bright sounding?

In a couple of reviews of the Plinius 9200 - What HiFi and TAS - the authors seemed to imply that this amp is bright sounding, but they don't come right out and say it. I am interested in purchasing one of these amps, but since I don't have a local dealer, I can’t audition first.

So, what say you Plinius 9200 owners? Does this amp sound bright in your system?

My speakers are Martin Logan Vantage and CD player is Esoteric X-03SE.

Bob R.
rmrobinson1957
It has been mentioned, but not confirmed, that some Plinius products can be sensitive to higher capacitance speaker cables in some setups.
I've never owned a Plinius, but have heard them more than once and consider them an excellent amp; they seem quite neutral and smooth in the highs to me.
Thanks everyone. Seems the consensus is not bright, but neutral and very transparent to the source.
I only have the 8200 MKII, but one would have to reasonably assume that the 9200 shares the "Plinius house sound".

Mine drives Vandersteen 2Ce Signatures...and I never get any kind of sound that I'd describe as overly bright.

I'd be pretty shocked if you were disappointed with the 9200.

I've used it in a listening room with McIntosh separates, and it sounded just as good as the Mac stuff costing around 3X as much. The Mac owner felt the same way. He was a little surprised.

And strangely enough - that test drive was done with Martin Logan Odysseys!

Hope that helps...