Wyred4S or Belles for Usher Be718?

Has anyone out there made the comparison between the Class D Wyred amps and that of the Belles or even the Odyssey Stratos Extreme monoblocks?

These 3 amps are on my short list to drive my inefficient speakers (sound best with 200watts or more). My budget is 2k used or may stretch to 2.5K for something exceptional.

What are the advantages of class a/b vs a superb sounding class d?

Thanks!!
indiesound
I have a W4S 125 wpc amplifier. It sounds almost pathologically smooth. I previously owned the Usher speaker you have. With a Meridian 200 wpc solid state amp it was too forward,etched and brittle for me. I ended up selling both.

I can only guess the the ultra silky smooth W4S amp would be a very nice mathch for the Usher speakers.
Guidocorona,

Quite a few. I forget all the names but when I was at the German show many of the rooms were using Class D. Also a few at RMAF. At first I felt wow, this isn't bad. But as time wore on I found it was missing something. To sterile maybe. I guess I like my tube distortion. W4S is one. Roland, AVM? (I think that is the name), Bel Canto, Veloce, Spectron, which I did like, but it aint cheap either. I have the pictures somewhere. I just honestly feel Class D is a must audition. Also, I heard the Berning Quadrature & the Belles. The Berning is excellent, but the Belles is an incredible value. I spent a good 1 1/2 hours in that room.

I want to be specific, all were at shows so I can't go beyond that. I would love a home audition one day but this year I am staying calm.
Thank you Dgad, I agree, tubes can be captivating. Which sound is 'better' is of course a matter of personal preference. For what's worth, even within the same brand, including class D amps, price and sonic signature can vary enormously. I believe that Spectron varies in price from under $6K to over $20K; Rowland ranges from under $2K to over $30K. I admit that none of the switching amps I am familiar with sound stereotypically 'tube like'. Unfortunately I am not yet familiar with Wired4Sound; Among the class D amps I have played with, the Bel Canto Ref 1000 Mk.2 may perhaps be the slightly warmer sounding one.
Dgad, btw which model Belles did you hear? I read somewhere else about the Ushers and Belles combo at a show. Perhaps it is their top of the line stuff-- in which case it would not be a fair comparison.

The model i am interested in is the 350a Reference amp with 250watts. Thanks!!

I myself prefer tubes as well. That's why i'm going with a tube DAC and preamp. The Ushers are pretty inefficient and need some power-- hard to find in tube amps on a budget.
Indiesound,

You won't like my answer. It is not going to be fair. I had to look at my pictures & go to the website to see what it in fact is. Top of the line MB500 amps. But it was a very large room. Maybe the 350a Reference will be fine. I don't have any personal experience w. Belles equipment except for 25 years ago when I purchased his first 2 amps as a kid & started getting into audio. I used to take them to friends houses and convert them to audiophiles. They sounded great. A little 50 watter and then an 80 watter if I remember right.