Seeking a "high end" integrated amplifier

All,

I have gone totally 2 channel and am replacing my multichannel EAD PM2K amp and EAD Signature with an integrated stereo amplifier. I'd love to stay under $5000 (used) but could be convinced to go more if there is really good reason. Though not as high as the 4 box ASR!

I listen to all kinds of music from jazz to classical to rock (from Miles to Billie H., from Bach to Stravinsky, from Van Morrison & Steely Dan to female vocals like Anna Nalick) but typically don't play at too loud a volume.

My speakers are the Amati Homage, the CD player is the Electrocompaniet ECD1 UP and I'm currently using a Goldmund integrated now that I've taken the EAD out of the picture. I like the Goldmund quite a bit but I'm using it currently after moving it from my second system and need a new one anyway. I am tempted by, for example, the Rowland Continuum but am completely open to input.

I don't know all that much about integrated amps and have read many of the posts about integrated amps. So I have looked at the lengthy list. What I was looking for help was with as SPECIFIC as possible recommendations given the rest of my equipment and musical taste.

Thanks in advance!
seldon
Over at davidmichaelaudio.com they have both Pass Labs INT-150 and Luxman L590a mk2 and they say the Luxman L590a mk2 is the best that they have heard.....
Hi Seldon,

For your budget, there are some great options. CJ CA200...I have heard the 350amp and it was a musical amp (not quite the purity of tone of a good tube) but good. Depends on your front-end and your own ears.

If you are persistent, Gryphon have some pretty incredible integrateds that you might in your range. I currently run my strads with the Gryphon Antileon and am very pleased. It replaced a CJ tube amp which was a wonderful amp for 9 years. The gryphon just bettered its purity of tone and added an unbelievable level of dynamics and power, the true limit of which, I have not yet found. Hope this helps. Good luck and enjoy the search!
There are so many to choose from. You will have to analyze your style of listening and what additional touchpoints you need for your choice.
More power can drive difficult speaker loads. Sometimes you want to be able to crank up the volume and still have a relaxed, open sound. Do you want the Int. amp to be a visual centerpiece in your room? Do you want it to be noticeable? Will you need a remote (I couldn't live without one). Does heat need to be considered (tubes are hot).

For my ears I have heard great sound from the Pass integrated amp and the BAT int. amp. I don't know the sound of the Accuphase or the MBL but I know their other products and would consider those. I owned a Plinius int. amp and it did nothing for me; the sound was clinical, almost dead. I also curently am listening to a KRell EVO 402 amp and loving it but the Krell 400xi int. amp I owned for work was also not musical to my ears.

just my two cents.
04-10-09: Argyro
Gryphon Diablo used.

I'm not sure you could get one for the kind of budget allocated here but if you could it would certainly be a great contender. I recently auditioned the Gryphon and i really liked it. See http://www.audioenz.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=7956

for my experience.