Buy tubes from Audio Research or not

I need to retube my ARC amp and I'm wondering if there is an advantage buying tubes from ARC vs and Independant tube dealer.
taters
Yes, You were rude when you said never call back here. I know you from F-chat and you were a jerk there as well.
Might explain a little better why Upscale Audio does not sell tubes for the VT 100 Amp.

Sorry about that.....
Glad I don't own this amp! I wouldn't want to be bothered with all of this no matter how good it might sound.
Audio Research certainly isn't making a killing selling tubes. It's simply a service the company provides because it sells tube products. If you've invested in ARC equipment, I would think you would want it to perform at its best, and you can be assured of that if you buy tubes that ARC has tested.

I found Upscale Audio to be rude, too, and this was after I had bought a set of power tubes for my ARC VT100MKIII a few years ago. Maybe Kevin or whoever I spoke to was just having a bad day, but there are several better options if you don't want to buy from ARC. Or go ahead and roll the dice.
I would avoid Upscaleaudio..... period. Go through ARC. I tried to upgrade tubes in my VAC integrated amp, and Upscaleaudio basically told me to take a hike, Kevin said he would not sell me his precious tubes.....they were too good for my VAC. There are enough reputable tube sellers out there that I do not feel I have to kneel at the altar of Upscaleaudio just to buy some tubes.....life's too short to deal with dweebs.

Cheers,
John