Classe' Preamp comparisons

Anyone ever had the opportunity to compare some of Classe's preamplifiers? Specifically a CP-35 to say, a model Five? Or how about either of those to a CP-50? I'm not sure of the Classe' history, but I do know that I like their sound. Just wondering which units really give the best sonic bang for the buck. I currently run a CA-100 amp into Maggies 1.6's and it seems to be a good match. I have a CP-35, but sometimes think there's something lacking....
Ag insider logo xs@2xdogmcd
The AI is awesome sounding. I hate dual volume controls...
Time to start tube rolling, you will really notice it when you put NOS mullards or telefunkens in there.
I've read that the factory option phono stage in the CP-50/60 is highly regarded, but compared to what? The phono option seems to add $400-$500 to the cost of these units used (about the same as new!) and they move quickly. So if I went w/o the phono option, how much would I have to spend (used) on an external phono stage to match the quality of the Classe option? Any recommendations?

I've been running a CP-35/CA 200 combination into Thiel 2.2s for about 10 years. I always intended to upgrade the CP-35 (clearly the weak link when I bought the system), but never got around to it until now.

Thanks.
I had a $900 Monolithic Sound phono setup (pre and upgrade power supply) for a while. The CP-50 with phono was significantly better.
I just bought a classe model twenty. I like the sound, but the thing is I cant find any info about this preamp anywhere.. Similar looking of the model 30 but w/o phono stage..