Thoughts on the best bang for the buck

Hi All,
I am looking to put together a system that will provide the best possible sound for the dollar (probably a common request) I am sold on the primary source, Apple TV and the speakers, Magnepan MG 12's but I'm not sure about the best DAC and amp.

My short list includes the Peachtree Decco or the Cambridge DACMagic & 640A integrated.

I have listened to the Decco with Apple TV and a pair of stand-mounted B&Ws and was really impressed with the sound. I love the design and the tube pre-amp, my concern is the 50wpc. I don't know if that will be sufficient to get the most out of the Maggies. I know the Decco has pre-outs but a stand-alone power amp to accompany the Decco would blow-out the budget. (most of my listening will be at low to moderate volumes)

I have not auditioned the Cambridge stuff (I don't think it's available locally) but I have read nothing but glowing reviews.

I would really appreciate any feedback; thanks in advance!
pduff
Good post,I just ordered one and should get it any day to hook up with my computer. Just a side note question it says the decco is a great companion to the wadia i-transport. Will the sound from a laptop on lossless files be the same?
The reason the Wadia-transport exists is to be able to bypass the internal amplifier and digital to analog converter in the iPod. When you're playing from the hard drive of your laptop and sending the signal either from USB or from a digital output you don't have that problem. If you use an analog output from the laptop, like a headphone jack, it will have already gone through a digital to analog conversion and some amplification and you won't get the advantage of the very good DAC in the Decco.
Thanks again for all the feedback. I ordered the Nova last week (and I've decided on the Maggie 1.6QRs instead of the MG 12s)

have a great day-