Thoughts on the best bang for the buck

Hi All,
I am looking to put together a system that will provide the best possible sound for the dollar (probably a common request) I am sold on the primary source, Apple TV and the speakers, Magnepan MG 12's but I'm not sure about the best DAC and amp.

My short list includes the Peachtree Decco or the Cambridge DACMagic & 640A integrated.

I have listened to the Decco with Apple TV and a pair of stand-mounted B&Ws and was really impressed with the sound. I love the design and the tube pre-amp, my concern is the 50wpc. I don't know if that will be sufficient to get the most out of the Maggies. I know the Decco has pre-outs but a stand-alone power amp to accompany the Decco would blow-out the budget. (most of my listening will be at low to moderate volumes)

I have not auditioned the Cambridge stuff (I don't think it's available locally) but I have read nothing but glowing reviews.

I would really appreciate any feedback; thanks in advance!
pduff
reasonable priced power....rotel
nad

mid priced......musical fidelity

one of the best either new or used with maggies, bryston
150 watts for any amp
Guys,
Thanks very much for the feedback. If the early consensus is the MG12's really benefit from the extra horsepower, I think the question becomes Cambridge v. Rotel v. NAD; integrated amp-wise. I've heard great things about all the brands and have owned a Rotel 965 disc player (and loved it). Some of the threads here (and elsewhere) talk about a more sterile sound from the Rotel amps (I'm paraphrasing, but the gist is they're brighter, etc than some may like) @ $399, the Cambridge 640a looks to be hard to beat. Do I pick up a lot more amp by extending the budget to $700 or so? Or would I be better-off to spring for top quality interconnects & cabling, etc with the $400 Cambridge?

Again, I really appreciate the help

thanks
Pat
i don't think the 640 will drive them very well, it is 75 watts i don't think you will get the volume you would like....you may be driving the amp too hard...maybe another maggie owned can get in on this but i just dont believe 75 will satisfy you....maybe a 740 cambridge ..yu can buy cambridge reasonable on this site and at audioadvisor new reasonable
A second hand Musical Fidelity A3.5 integrated would do well I think.

Consider picking up something second hand here on A'gon. You'll surely get more bang for the buck and not take a loss if you decide to upgrade further later.