what happened to Cary 500MB?

I came across a review from '05 of the Cary 500 mono blocks, and they thought they were outstanding!! So I researched some more, these are supposed to be amazing for SS, everyone's stoked and then, by mid'06 - nothing. Nary a mention. Can't find any used ones.
Still on Cary's website, though.
What happened? Maybe no one knows (like where the Federal Reserve has been lending money - sorry - I digress) - or did they "fall out of favor"? Although I didn't come across anything negative about them??
24phun
BTW, they have usually gone for $3000 - 4000, I have never seen a set go for less than $3k. That would be a great deal.
Thanks men for the info and correcting my usual jaded observations.I guess I got the plain part right.Cheers,Bob
Aha, discontinued... but they were REALLY well received. I'll keep my eyes open - if you gents feel you need something prettier and want to sell - you know where to find me.
If you are interested contact Kevin at Upscale audio, if there are any left at Cary he may be able to hook you up, he is their biggest dealer.
I have one and could not be happier. Really great amp for the price. There is one listed now, you may want to grab it if you really interested.