verdict on class D amps?

I saw a thread about seymour ice amps.... anyone have any experience with these compared to conventional amps? I was planning on picking up a used pair of bryston 7st or a single 14 st however for similar money (& power) the new ice 50001 is available. In car audio there it doesn't seem like class D is very good except for sub duty. Is the same true for home stuff? Presently I have a adcom GFA5500 which was going to get thrown on rear surrounds & I was going to use parasound HCA1500 on my speakers untill I can afford something newer/better for my old infinity kappa 8.1 speakers

thanks
128x128viggen900
Muralman1,

Can you tell us more about what preamps were used during the test? In my experience, you can have the highest regarded components and still be able to get poor sound. System synergy is extremely crucial.

In the past, I've auditioned a piece of audio gear in another system. I've then purchased it only to realize that it doesn't sound as good in my system.

I'm extremely satisfied with the current state of my system. It'll be very hard to associate the sound of my system with tubes, solid state, etc. It sounds more like live music, which has always been my goal. I was able to accomplish this quality of sound with the Spectron mono-blocks (with Bybees) and the newly released Joule Electra Marianne Electra Memorial Edition preamp.

Best,

iSanchez
Post removed 
Tvad in my case your response:

On the other hand, I find that sometimes even when someone tries something new and chooses to reject it, others who have chosen the new product can attack the listener's choice as wrong headed.

I have posted many times if you are happy with your gear and sound thats coming from it great i'm happy if you are happy.

Class D amps have come a long way just has tubed gear and SS also. Better materials and ideas have improved these components of our systems.

In the end we all get better sound from our gear.
As Kijanki so wonderfully noted your ears and mine hear sound differently. Along with our rooms that fact causes a lot of the posts on this web site.

Enjoy the music now while you can.
ISanchez, my preamp is the H2O Fire preamp. This is a most unique class A solid state preamp, in that it gets intolerably hot. It takes two hours of warm up to sound it's best which is ironically nothing.
With class D amps I have discovered less is more when it comes to ICs and SCs. My interconnects are very cheap but unusually designed and sound great. The SCs are home made. I turn my monos around, and push them to the back of the speakers. That enables me to connect the amp to the speakers using very short, and thin copper ribbons.