MC275 Tube Rolling...

I would love to roll some tubes with my MC275 (the current production version V) It is highly appreciated if all you who are experienced drop a few lines... I would like to know about the tubes that you have ever rolled on this machine from the beginning until the end, the sound characteristic for the each of them and the one which you settled down with and of course... why the choice... Yeah, I am clueless of what tube to get since there are so many out there... All your inputs will be extremely valuable to me. Thank You So Much!
infinity_audio
I have re-tubed almost all of the smaller tubes (12ax7's and 12at7's) with telefunkens. I was a bit skeptical about how much sound improvement I would get but I certainly did hear a better difference. While waiting for a second set of tubes for my 2nd Mac 275 (I have 2 running in mono) I could distinctly hear the difference between the right and left channels (Telefunkens vs stock tubes).
I have yet to replace my KT88's but plan to do so.

RWD
Rick
Hi Jgiacalo,
I am a happy new owner of MC275, in fact, I like it so much that I am getting a second pair so I can run them in mono. I wonder in your experience, does using the Herbie tube damper "sucks" the life out of the music?

Right now, I like what the MC275 does in my system from mid to high, the sound is very sweet and lifely. The bass is not bad, but below 40Hz it starts to get a little 'loose'. My speakers are only 85db efficient, but one single MC275 can drive it to 110 db loudness easily. I can't wait for the second unit to arrive.

Thanks for sharing.
Made a decision that I am going to give the Genalex a try. Still want to know whats good to roll for the 12 type tubes...
I also realized that on the chassis it is printed 12ax7a. What is the difference between the 12AX7 and the 12AX7A? Will it be okay if I use a 12AX7 instead of a 12AX7A?
Genelexs are in three of my amps. Great tubes. Reasonable price.
Amperex ecc83 are the best of the bunch for sound and longevity. Also,can use-12ax7,12ax7a,7025,7025a,6681,ecc803,ecc803s, plus others.
Telefunken ecc81, slightly dark but very clear and clean. Also can use-12at7,12at7wa,12at7wb,ecc801s etc.
These tubes range from common use tubes to commercial to military grade.
You can pretty much tune amp to your ear.