Girlfriends and wifes, how do YOU cope?

I would be very interested in finding out how one manages to justify (or sneak in the home) expensive audio equipment without having to sell your soul to the Devil? It's quite a challenge for many of us I think. I heard of someone buying a Bel Canto DAC and telling his girlfriend that " Oh it's just a $ 100.00 power conditionner", or whatever. Seem like we need to get creative here if we can pursue this crazy hobby much longer! Regards All...
ampman66
Well the usual question women and HIFI...
AS a student with a very limited budget, there are a lot of choices to be made, and if i involved my girlfriend in them, I would never get new stuff :O( so i simply dont.. then when it arrives i take the bullet, and wait it out.. usually it takes a week.. However when i recievd my one month old speakers (Vienna Acoustics strauss) i thought she would leave me for sure..
As long as I buy the new fridge, stove, re-do the kitchen and bathroom floors, wallpaper the laundry room, re-wire the electrical to put lights where she wants, dig holes in the yard to plant whatever flowers and shrubs she fancies this week, pay the mortgage, the bills, mow the lawn, vacuum the carpets, walk the dog (3 times a day minimum), brush the dog every day, fix the cars, cook most of the time, wash dishes, never forget her birthday and our anniversary, then... and only then, I can go ahead and buy stereo gear without a problem. She's really great though...
Sheep are the perfect solution. They are indistinguishable in 4 of 5 blind tests versus women. They don't know how to use your charge cards and adding wool to a listening room really tightens up the bass.