Using 2 integrateds to bi-amp?

Maybe this is a really dumb idea (if yes, please tell me why). Would it be possible to connect 2 integrated amps by Y connectors to a single source (e.g., TT or CDP)then use 1 to drive the L & R tweeters and the other to drive the L & R woofers of a 2 way speaker system? I have two integrated amps but don't have $ to go mono-blocks + pre-amp.
128x128ghosthouse
Kr4 - I'm guessing since I have volume controls on both I can regulate spl from treble and bass. By trial and error at worst, I'd expect I could find optimal settings.

Peter_s...yes, one unit does have a pre-out and this is the unit I'd be using to drive the woofers. Should I plug sources into this unit alone?
Post removed 
It's the whole volume-control thing. Maybe stack the two integrateds on top of each other, and put a nice postal-sized rubber-band (or two) between the two volume knobs? It'd be nice if the knobs were the same diameter . . . :)
Ghosthouse: I'm guessing since I have volume controls on both I can regulate spl from treble and bass. By trial and error at worst, I'd expect I could find optimal settings.
Tricky and unreliable. More than likely you will get variations in LF/HF balance as you try to reset levels. Besides, how will you know if they are set correctly especially as you change the level? Most dual VCs don't track accurately and two different VCs are likely to vary even more.

Does not seem to be worth the bother for any marginal improvement possible.

Kal
Doing it with Y-connectors, as you propose, is possible. However, there will be volume control difficulties, particularly if the amps have different gain.

Doing it with a pre-out and daisy-chaining the amps is also possible, but both of the amps need to have a pre-out and power-in.

If both amps have a pre-out and power-in, here is what you do. Signal goes from source to amp 1, then from pre-out of amp 1 to line-in of amp 2, then from line-out of amp 2 back to the power-in of amp 1. If you only use the pre-out from amp 1 into amp 2 and don't bring the signal back into amp 1, you will not be biamping. The power section of amp 1 will be bypassed and unused when you use its pre-out. You will have pre-amp/power/amp set-up. It will identical to using a single integrated amp, only with the addition of another interconnect.

Passive bi-amping is too much trouble and money for too little improvement in my view. And it sounds like your amps probably don't both have all the ins and outs. Better to have your money in one good amp rather than spread the same funds over two lesser amps. Active biamping is a different story however.