ARC VT-200 Cooling Fan Noisy, nit picking?

I would be the last person to claim that I have the most sensitive hearing but in my well-damped dedicated listening room, the sound of the cooling fan in my amp is noticeable (and distracting at times). I've even set the adjustable speed to the slowest setting and I can still hear it. The amp sits on an amp stand between my speakers about 10' from my listening chair and has plenty of ventilation but anyone familiar with the VT-200 knows that it can put out some serious btu's. Would it significantly affect tube life if I disconnected the cooling fan? Anyone else try replacing the fan with one that runs more quietly? Is this an "Ask Leonard" question?
jc4659
Thanks everyone. I searched the forums and see that I am not alone on this issue. I will contact steve at gnsc and see what he has to say about it, I doubt ARC will offer anything better, and the last option which I would consider is removing the top cover and disconnecting the fan altogether. I don't have any little ones running around anymore who might be tempted to poke around inside.
I did not purchase the REF 110 because of the fan noise. On low passages it is audible at 9 feet and I could not move the amp further away in my room.

Pepe
Mantis007, now why wouldn't AR do this in the first place.

How much did these cost, are they the same size with no issues regarding replacement.

So any thoughts regarding your 210's in comparison to other amps you have had.
Mantis- who did you purchase from and did it fit exactly and connect easily to existing connector?