mono versus stereo ampflication

If one has for example 8K to spend on ss amplification for a two channel system, would one in general be better off using a stereo amplifier of perhaps dual mono design or using a set of monoblocks. If the answer is "it depends" what then are the likely trade-offs of each option and on what does it depend?
Do you have any recommendations of specific products for either option for 92db, 8 to 4 ohm speakers?
Thanks for the input. I did find some discussion of this issue on threads that are three years old but nothing recent.
128x128gammajo
Just for closure feedback. Thank you everyone for your comments they were very helpful. I decided to go with mono's, the Nuforce Reference 9V2SE's which seemed at a great price used. Had them a week and so far so excellent. I am getting great controlled, tuneful bass, good balance accross the spectrum and sparkling highs. So I am happy to now sit back and enjoy the music. Well - plan to do a little tweak in terms of vibration control and perhaps power conditioning. Happy Holidays
Joe
Haha..yeah. Just noticed the dates. I found this thread with the search function. :) I guess, INT30A wasn't even out at the time of this discussion.