Connecting a subwoofer to a Joule LA-150

Has anyone hung a subwoofer off the second pair of outputs on a Joule LA-150? I'm curious. I would like to add a sub and give my Merlin VSM-MM slightly more low end bass. The BAM works great, but I just integrated video into my two channel configuration and I need a little umpf.

Thanks!
dpe
If you put the BAM in the tape loop then both sets of outputs are filtered and you won't get anything out of using a subwoofer. SNS is correct in that Bobby recommends putting the Bam in the tape loop to buffer it but only if you are not running a sub off the second preamp outputs.
Yes, Don is correct, the second output to the sub will be filtered by the BAM, not good, I forgot. Placing the BAM between the amp and preamp is still not a good idea, the BAM has a pleasant effect on the source's sound, placing it between the preamp and amp negates that. Bobby recommends keeping it between source and preamp. This is one of the reasons I don't use a sub with my Merlins.

Still, it seems I recall hearing about some Merlin owners successfully integrating subs into their system, and keeping BAM between source and preamp. I don't recall the method, perhaps someone else here does.
As a side note of possible interest . Jud Barber is releasing a new anniversary preamp dedicated to his late wife Marianne . I think it may be called the LA-300 Marianne Electra . Disclaimer : I am a Joule Electra dealer .
Agree with SNS. If you have only one source, such as a CD player then I suggest putting the BAM between it and the preamp and then using the second outputs of the preamp for the sub. However, I have two sources, CD and Analog so I can't do this. Perhaps using two BAMs could be done? Don
With only one source, Don's method works, the other preamp output won't be filtered.

With two sources you are using tape loop on preamp, both ouputs are filtered by BAM. using this configuration the BAM essentially remains between the source and preamp. I can't think of a way to maintain BAM between source and preamp and add subwoofer without it being filtered by BAM on preamp outputs. The BAM would have to go between the preamp and amp.

Yes, with two BAMs you could connect each source to it's own BAM, BAM outs into source ins on preamp, preamp outs won't be filtered. I'm also wondering if you could add a second set of RCA ins and outs to an existing BAM. Both sources would go directly into BAM, out into preamp, no filtering at preamp outputs. I think I asked Bobby about this some years ago, can't recall his comments. You could also use a balanced BAM (has two complete circuit boards), one circuit board for each source, outs into preamp ins. Preamp outs no filtering.